Milli Finally Reveals Real Reason He Left Chocolate City


Recall early this year, Rapper Milli, was rumored to have left Chocolate City, headed b fellow rapper, M.I. The label eventually did come out to confirm the exit, putting a rest to the rumors.

However, a couple of days back, Milli, took to social media to share some cryptic messages on the reason for his exit before finally coming forth with the details.

This letter, however, is not an official statement form Milli’s camp as it was shared in a closed Facebook group majorly dominated by fans of the talented act.

The letter which detailed how the entire saga which eventually led to his exit from the label, was broken into five different parts.

Read what he wrote:

Part 1/5: Breaking The Silence
It’s no longer news that the time has come for me to move on from Chocolate City, but until now, no one has heard my side of the story.

It’s been a long journey – one year in 2014 with M.I. writing and co-producing the Chairman album, and another year in 2015 being signed with Loopy and Choc City, writing and co-producing the TICBN album, and working on individual Choc City artist projects.

I have a lot of love for my CC family, especially for Koker and Dice, but for me, things didn’t turn out how I thought they would at all… I was getting held back all the time, I wasn’t allowed to put out music like I wanted to, and it was getting really hard to be myself…

I’m not going to say much out there, about what really happened, that’s why I created this private Facebook group. I don’t want to do interviews and talk about what happened, I wouldn’t even want to write all of it down because it’s quite painful.
But I haven’t told anyone what’s been happening, and you guys have been showing me love all this time, even in my absence, so it’s only fair that you know more than everyone else… What I want to share with you will come in five parts and this is Part 1.

I really love you guys and feel so blessed

Part 2/5: The Childish EP

I started working on the Childish EP in 2014, and all the tracks on the EP were ready by the end of 2014, but when I got signed to Loopy in January 2015, M.I asked me to go back and re-record the entire EP.

When Mr Audu left in February 2015 and handed over to M.I, I automatically became a Choc City artist. I was told dropping my EP under CC was going to be great for me so I was really excited. But there was a lot going on at that time, so attention shifted from my EP and I was told I couldn’t drop it for the next few months after the handover because I had to wait for the label to reorganise itself. In March, I figured out a way to drop music though, that’s how I started #FreeMusicFridays. But after three Fridays, they pulled the plug on it and said I couldn’t continue putting out free music…

When the handover was completed, we were asked to start putting together the TICBN album in order to promote the Choc City brand, so again I was told to be patient, and I was… I came up with the idea to drop the Childish EP on Children’s Day (May 27th, which is also my birthday), but no one at the label paid attention and M.I didn’t want me to drop it at the end of May because the TICBN Album would still being promoted around that time, so I had to be patient again. Once the TICBN album that I was also working on was recorded and dropped, I still wasn’t allowed to drop the Childish EP, but instead I was asked to pay attention to the TICBN album and promote it, which I did…

Around August, after the TICBN promo, it was time for individual artists to drop projects they had been working on before the TICBN album, so I was excited and thought I could finally put out Childish. But then a new rule was invented: New music could only be dropped if it came with a music video… Sigh. More patience.

The music video for Unlooking was shot in September last year but turned out a disaster, a lot of things that were supposed to happen didn’t and it just didn’t look right. I was

Share:

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Advert

M21 9ja Social Network

Your No.1 Online Pr. Contact Us Today. Mail: m21upload@gmail.com Whatsapp: +2348136488753