‘I Made Shallow Music Because Of My Fans’ – Lynxxx

Singer, Chukie Edozien, popularly known as Lynxxx, in a recent interview revealed that his old songs were shallow due to demands from fans.

During his interview with BBC Africa, Lynxx, said he got bored with his kind of music in the past as they were unfulfilling.

“I was unfulfilled with what I was doing content wise, the market wanted the same pool of subject matter which was money, alcohol and women. It gets boring especially for somebody like me that has a background of knowledge.

“It was as if I was limiting myself like I was giving only five percent of what I know to my audience. I decided to take a break to make sure I know why I am doing music and work on music that I personally believe in because music is art and nobody should tell me what to paint”, he said.


On fans and the industry having a huge say in his creative process, he said:

He said:

“It’s a bit of both because I experimented with songs that were out of the norm and those songs were not as received as the shallow records.

“I think that at that point, that was what the listeners were looking to hear and right now, the industry is ready for real music because they have played that for so long that it has worn itself out.”

“I still make hip hop, the difference is that the shallowness and immorality has been taken out. So you are not going to see a music video from me where you have women shaking whatever. It’s not that there won’t be women but it’s going to be classier.”


Lynxxx, who now does inspirational songs, recently released a new single titled ‘CharaCha.’ 

Share:

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Advert

M21 9ja Social Network

Your No.1 Online Pr. Contact Us Today. Mail: m21upload@gmail.com Whatsapp: +2348136488753