Review: NOBIS (No Beat Is Safe) – Teeklef


Ebuka “Teeklef” Unogu is a Nigerian born singer, rapper and producer though not nationally based — Chicago, I think. A top10 contestant on the Don Jazzy “Enigma Beat” competition. He released his first mixtape #NOBIS (No Beat Is Safe).
“My Art”, one of the first single off #NOBIS tape; an after break-up song, expressing emotions hoping he could get another chance. Floats into the nexttrack “Should’ve Known Better” “The last chick I gave my heart to never brought it back, so don’t ask me why I sound so heartless…”, then flips it up like Drake.
“Enroute”, I can call this my main jam. We all watched how Teeklef produced this track from scratch. A proud breakthrough song. Three verses expressing passion on “1000Grammys” regardless his obstacles and people’s expectation, he keeps yelling “…do it like I gat a thousand grammys on my wall”.
Falls in love the new brand HipHop group sound, Teeklef calls on a wing man — jumps on A$AP Rocky’s “Wassap” beat produced by Clams Cassino. “The illest barz, I’m still spittin’ like I need a medic/ so when they say the boy sick I guess they prolly mean it”. Clams Cassino’s beat was so safe, it walked straight out of his pententiary (barz), no prison break. Atleast Klef tried, he recognised the new HipHop brand and did something on the custom-flow tune. Jumps on Lil Wayne ft Bruno Mars hit track “Mirror” and gets a lil cocky “ya’ll out there tweeting, I’m out here filling up daily planners. And when I tweet, ya’ll retweeting like a nigga stammers…”.
And then, of course, more girl talks, twitter (sup with Klef and tweeps), ones for loyal friends, come-up motivations, on “Run Away”, “The One”, “All Over Your Body”, “Little Lies”, “Just For Now”. Reminiscing on Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida” beat mixed with new self-made drums for “Last Summer” about an ex-lover/summer love he misses yet can’t find.
Finally, Teeklef cooks in a Jay-z interlude “Lock my Body can’t trap my mind” before he delivers on Rick Ross’ hit track “Stay Scheming”…and wrapped up the mixtape with history.

Beat: 3/5
Delivery: 2/5
Lyrics: 2/5
Originality: 3/5

NOBIS (Mixtape) – 2/5
Share:

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Advert

M21 9ja Social Network

Your No.1 Online Pr. Contact Us Today. Mail: m21upload@gmail.com Whatsapp: +2348136488753