WILL.I.AM SUES PHARRELL OVER I AM OTHER BRAND


will.i.am is taking Pharrell to court. The Black Eyed Peas frontman is reportedly suing The Neptunes producer over his i am OTHER brand.


According to Rolling Stone, will claims that he owns the copyright to the phrase I AM and that the logo for Pharrell’s brand is “confusingly similar,” according to official court documents.

He wants to prevent Pharrell from using his i am OTHER brand on clothing and other merchandise similar to products that bear his own I AM logo. “The registration of the mark . . . is likely to dilute the I AM mark and the WILL.I.AM mark,” reads the document.



Lawyers for Pharrell and i am OTHER have filed a response to will’s suit, denying all such claims.

“I am disappointed that Will, a fellow artist, would file a case against me,” Pharrell tells Rolling Stone. “I am someone who likes to talk things out and, in fact, I attempted to do just that on many occasions. I am surprised in how this is being handled and I am confident that Will’s trademark claims will ultimately be found to be as meritless and ridiculous as I do.”

Despite legal documents, will claims that he is not suing Pharrell. “i.am not suing @Pharrell and I never was… what i.am doing is #iamangel TRANS4Ming inner cities with #STEAM tools,” he tweeted after the report surfaced.
Share:

No comments:

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Advert

M21 9ja Social Network

Your No.1 Online Pr. Contact Us Today. Mail: m21upload@gmail.com Whatsapp: +2348136488753